Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day


Congratulations to #139

im not currently in a guild, but enjoy getting inspiration from blogs



Thank you all for stopping by.  I'm sorry I did not manage to reply to each comment. I made an attempt but quickly found out that it was a bit overwhelming.   Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Welcome to everyone participating in Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day.  If you're new here, welcome and I hope you take a moment or two to look around.  If you've been here before, welcome back.    

Today I have a Pink Chalk Fabrics Scrap Bag to giveaway.  Most pieces are 1/4 yard cuts and it is about 3 yards of fabric.  



To enter please:
Leave a comment telling me whether you are a member of a quilt guild and if so, what is your favorite activity your guild does.  If you aren't a member of a guild, but have a recommendation, I'd love to hear it.  I'm helping to organize a new guild in the area and would love ideas we should incorporate.
  • The giveaway will stay open until May 10th at 5 pm PST. giveaway closed 
  • It is open to residents of the US only please.
  • The winner will be chosen at random and will be emailed by May 12th.  
  • Please make sure you leave your email in your comment if you are a no-reply blogger so I can get in touch with you. If I can't contact you, I will choose another winner.  



Hope you have a wonderful day!

279 comments:

  1. Hi Lady! Beautiful scrap bag, I am a member of a couple of guilds/groups and the bigger ones are great for bring in national teachers but the smaller ones I treasure for the friendships and the ability to work with a group to get charity projects done. Good luck in beginning/ leading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics! I'm an exec member of the Omaha Modern Quilt Guild. We are a fairly new guild that started last July. We just started a block of the month. It's a great way for members to try new techniques and for the guild to collect blocks for use in charity quilts. Show and tell is also very popular at the meetings and we try to have a short program/presentation (15-20 minutes) at each meeting. http://omqg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I am not a memember of a quilt guild...have considered starting one in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantabulous scrap bag! Thanks for your generous contribution to Giveaway Day. :)
    I'm not a member of any official guilds, but I do have a few, smaller, general sewing groups I chat with. I'd love any leads to guilds somewhat local to the Tampa FL area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly I am not a member of a quild, there is one in the area, but it is in the city and I live in the subs and am not interested in traveling that distance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a member yet. I have been wanting to join in and finally decided to go for it. That is a fun grab bag. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not a member of a quilt guild, but i love looking at what other people have done - it always leads to more ideas for me! (unfortunately, it does tend to make my to-do list grow!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a member of the FWMQG and we are doing a block of the month quilt along and I enjoy the chance to try new blocks and see how they look when made in different color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not currently a member, but I try to attend when our local guild has speakers come in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a member of the brand new Central Florida MQG! We are still organizing, but my favorite part is Show and Tell. I love to be inspired by other people's work. Thanks for the chance to enter, and just in case blogger is temperamental my email is carlyann at gmail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the giveaway! I am not a member of a guild, good luck starting one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the giveaway! I am a brand new member of a guild in upstate NY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a member of a guild, but would like to be someday. Thanks for the giveaway:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not yet a member of a quilt guild but It is a goal of mine to join

    lesley209@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do belong to a small guild but we are not very active currently. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was a guild member, but they upped their fees 50% and decided to charge to hear every speaker, so I'm not returning. =( I did love show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a member of the Portland Modern Quilt Guild. I love our guild, it's huge! We have over 150 members! I love our Sew Days. We use space at a local fabric shop once a month and have an open sew from 9am - 9pm. I love being there all day long and chatting w my friends while sewing. Thank you for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not in a quilt guild. If iwere I'd love online stuff as I have a newborn & don't get out much! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. :) I love scrap bags. I'm not a member of a guild, but I think I'll join one once I get a little more experience.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not in a guild, mainly because the local ones always seem to meet while I'm at work. If I were in one, I'd definitely prefer evening or weekend meetings! Thanks for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not in a guild. I sew with 3 other ladies and we enjoy each other so much. thanks for the great scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am not a member of a guild but one reason for that, is because I work full time and therefore can't make the 10am meetings. My suggestion would be to have at least 1 time a month where you meet in the evening or on a Sat morning. I think you would attract a lot of newcomers that way. My 2 cents. :-) Thanks for the opportunity.
    Dangit - I just looked up and someone else has that suggestion also.
    mugirl113 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not currently in a guild, but am on a list to start up a new Modern Quilt Guild in Lafayette, Louisiana. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My mom just joined a quilt guild, guild but i attended a quilt show with her and loved that. My favorite part was a place where we were able to make simple blocks that would be pieced together for quilts for veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I used to belong to a guild before work got in the way and one of my favorite parts was each meeting a technique or new ruler or some such would be part of the meeting. I was just learning to quilt and enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a fabulous giveaway! i am not in a guild, and am reluctant to join one because i don't want to be limited as to style - modern, traditional, etc. i'm sure there's one around here that is more inclusive, i just haven't heard of it, yet. :) thanks for the chance to win!

    bess

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a member of my local guild, my favorite thing is the show and tell from the members.

    ReplyDelete
  28. not a member, but want to check out my local one

    ReplyDelete
  29. Not a member of any guild, just an amateur....love the colors in your giveaway bundle! rlaventure(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm a member of a modern quilt guild - we do sew and show meetings sometimes. I like it because I get some work done and at the same time can get immediate feedback on things I'm stuck on!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am not in a quilt guild.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am not a member of a guild, nor have been. One thing I've learned from friends who are members of a guild -- make sure you know what the time demands will be, such as taking required lessons to qualify to be in the guild, required community service or serving on committees (like making refreshments every meeting), fees, etc. alternate email mlwright29(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those fabrics are beautiful! I'm not a member of a quilt guild and I'm actually not sure what they are like in my area. I'm relatively new to quilting and love gathering all the information on techniques from different blogs online.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Not part of a guild, but a quilt-a-long or quilt bee for charity is always fun

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am not. I do have a regular quilting club meeting every 2 months. But, it charges $20 every time it meets, no dues or anything. We have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm in a small modern guild, and it's a lot of fun. I especially like swaps and sew-ins, but just the community itself is great. It's nice to be with people who "get it" in real life, not just the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am not a member. I'm actually new to quilting so I will have to see if I have some local ones since I don't know what theyre like

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am not a member of a guild. I'm VERY beginner and I fear being scoffed at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely giveaway! I'm a member of two guild and the best part is show and tell...and sewing together! thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yes! I'm in the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild. It's a cool group of women and I love our sewing days. It's so fun to chat and sew and get inspired and have fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i wish i were in a guild!! there isn't a modern guild here, but even if they were, i would be seriously intimidated about joining.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm super-new to quilting so no guilds yet. It sounds fun but also scary -- I'd make sure new members felt welcomed. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've been sewing for a little while but I'm a quilting newbie. I don't even know what a quilt guild is or what one does.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I would love to be in a crafter's guild. I have so much fun going to a QG with my Mom when I visit her, but I only make a few quilts a year. I wish I could see show-and-tell with other types of crafts, and have the opportunity to meet other crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I just joined my local Modern Quilt guild! (shout out to Portland MQG!) and I have to say my favorite thing so far are the show & tells and the give-aways!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am a new member of our local Modern Quilt Guild. I've made it to two meetings. One involved a local fabric designer and the last one [which I missed too much of] was instructional on thread. I've been thinking about forming a small group of crocheters/knitters/crafters but I'm going to get my feet wet in sewing for a bit first.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I don't even quilt! So no suggestions from experience, but I'd suggest some kind of outreach to non-quilters or new quilters. It's fulfilling to share your expertise and as a newbie it's nice to feel welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm acutally new to quilting. How do i even find a local guild?

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm not a member of a quilt guild but I am part of many different sewing groups online through Yahoo groups, community forums, Facebook, etc.
    rlynneholmes @aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am not a member of a guild, but am thinking of finding the time to join one. I recently started following bloggers and realize how much I could gain from interaction with other quilters. I work with a young girl who has a 2 yr old who was in NICU when born prematurely and she cried when she told me how much she cherishes the quilt given to her baby while in the hospital. That is one idea for a guild

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am actually new to quilting as in I would like to start it soon.

    ashleysbookshelf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I don't belong to a guild, though I may think of joining one in the future, when life has settled a bit more for me.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I don't belong to guild yet, although I'm looking for one in my area. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  54. I'm not a member of a "guild" but a sewing society which might be the same. Our last projects have been a spring clutch bag and a quilted potholder.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I joined my local MQG online, but have yet to make a meeting! I love having sew days, but wish ours was on Sat. instead of Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am a member of two quilt guilds. My local, nearby guild is quite small but we put on an excellent quilt show. The second guild is farther away but much larger, and has fabulous speakers and workshops -- and a great quilt show, too!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I don't belong to our local guild. My suggestion would be to plan your meetings at times that work for women of all ages & lifestyles. Our local guild doesn't have much going on in the evenings and I can't go to their meetings with my 3 kids in tow! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I'm not a member of a quilt guild, I just love to sew whatever projects I'm inspired by at the moment :) footprint13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I am not a member of a guild, unfortunately. But I think if I were something that would be important to me would be charity projects. Like, maybe your blog could adopt a hospital/nursing home/crisis center and provide them with a certain number of quilts or pillowcases each month?

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'm a member of a new modern quilt guild. There is only 18 of us so far but I like that we can discuss things and laugh. We just started a round robin and I think it challenges us to work outside our comfort zone so to Speek.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I am just joining the Triangle Modern Quilt Guild in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area. So far, I really enjoy the swaps we do and the sew and tell at meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I am not a member of a guild but I want to participate in the modern quilt guild!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I'm not a member of a quilt guild but would like to find one once I retire and have more free time.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I am not a member of a quilt guild but have been considering joing one

    ReplyDelete
  65. I have never been a member of a quilt guild, so I really can't offer any tips, sorry. thanks for the lovely giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I'm a member of two guilds! I'm the outreach coordinator for one guild, so I should say that our monthly charity quilting bee's are my favorite activity, but honestly, it's show and tell at the meetings that gets me excited!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'm a member of a guild and we make quilts for our local first responders. It's nice to think that they can offer some comfort to people in emergency situations. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'm not in a guild but the guild in the next county puts on a quilt show that quilters and non-quilters from all over the area enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow, what a wonderful giveaway! Well, I'm not in a guild but would think charity quilts are wonderful to work on :)
    dazzlingshorty(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  70. I'm a member of our modern quilt guild. I love that we do charity quilts and that we have a bee block swap.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I'm not a member of a quilt guild. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I'm not a member, but have been wanting to join a guild! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I am not a member of a guild, but I would love to join one at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  74. i'm not a member of a guild but i'm interested!! sometimes I feel inadequate with my work, but i'd love to join in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I am a member of the triangle modern quilt guild. I have two things I really like....the ability to share and see other folks projects (helps build our community) and secondly the swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  76. I'm not a member, I'm fairly new to quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  77. I'm a Facebook member of the Olympia (Washington) Modern Quilt Guild, but I wasn't able to make it to the first meeting. It's hard to go to weeknight meetings when you have kids. I'm hoping to attend in the summer when my kids visit their dad. What I like about the FB group is how the members all share their current projects and get support and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I am not part of a guild. There is one in the area but I cannot attend on the days they meet. I am a little shy about my quilting so I'm not sure my advice about getting a group together will be any help :( I hope you find a nice group of encouraging quilters in your area

    ReplyDelete
  79. I'm a member of Washington State Quilters Spokane branch & I love our lending library. We have a collection of hundreds of quilt books and members can check them out for free at each quarterly meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I'm not a member- we move around too much and since having my son six months ago- my sewing is so infrequent! I'd love to join one, though. It's a future goal!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I just joined a guild this year, the Miami Valley Art Quilt Guild. I don't make art quilts, but they started to meet in my town for a color & design series that I knew I'd gain a lot from. I'm not very active now but would like to as life allows.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I have not joined a guild but think they would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I am! We are new, but love that we just made each other name tags for meetings!

    ReplyDelete
  84. I am not a member of a guild.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I plan to join a guild this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Very new to quilting so no guilds for me yet and sorry no real recommendations. Thanks for the giveaway. linhs4real@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  87. I'm not a member of a guild, but I'd like to join. I looked into it last year but I'm worried my stuff wouldn't match up!

    ReplyDelete
  88. thanks for the giveaway. I am a member of a guild and I am actually the president this year. I really like the speakers who come to our guild.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I'm not a member of any guild, but have considered joining the Austin MQG. I'm so intimidated though. Those ladies are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  90. not a member of a guild, thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I'm not a member of a guild but I've always thought it sounds fun. Perhaps once my daughter is grown.

    ReplyDelete
  92. I'm not a member of a guild. Love these fabrics. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Love the fabric! I'm not a member of any guild, just getting into quilting, but I feel like I get some of the camaraderie from blogs and pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Not a member of a guild but my church has a sewing group that gets together twice a month to work on quilts and other projects, most of which are donated to local charities :)
    Thanks!
    colorvibrant[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  95. Great scrap bag!

    I'm not a member of a guild, so I have no advice for you. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  96. I am a member of a guild and I love the sew-ins...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Oooooh - love scrap packs! I am not in a guild. I would suggest some simple challenges to bring people back to the next meeting. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  98. I am a member of a guild and I love their charity quilt program. The guild donates dozens of quilts to local children every year. The guild gives members the fabric and supplies (often donated by members) and the size/simple pattern -- and you turn it in when you're done. Sometimes they have sew-ins to work on the quilts. It's a great charity and a fun, simple project for all levels. The member who finishes the most quilts during the year gets a prize at the Christmas meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  99. I am a member of three quilt guilds. My favorite activity is the BEES. Special interest groups are lead by a guild member who is an expert. My favorite is the hand applique Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  100. i'm not a member of a guild. i think there are a couple of local chapters but i'm not very social so i probably won't join.

    ReplyDelete
  101. I'm not a guild member because there's not one in my area, but I want to be! Maybe someday... christina112358 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  102. I don't belong to a guild, but swaps and challenges would be fun. Thanks for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Columbus Modern Quilt Guild....fabric swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  104. Nationwide Plaza Quilters....charity quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  105. I'm not a member of a guild. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  106. I am not a member but I am thinking of joining a quilt group.

    ReplyDelete
  107. I am not a guild member because I just don't have the time right now

    ReplyDelete
  108. Not in guild, but love looking at completed quilts for ideas

    ReplyDelete
  109. NOt in a guild and at risk of sounding rude, i say see if you can make it geared for some younger people. There are a lot of us younger quilters and I know i would love to find a group that doesn't make the same old patterns! BUt thats just me!

    ReplyDelete
  110. What a great bundle! I'm not a member of a guild but as a previous commenter said, I would agree that helping younger members feel more welcome would be a good idea. When the local quilt shop near me has get togethers or lessons or whatever, I never feel like I'd be welcome there because it doesn't seem like they'd be open to more "modern" things like the newer, trendier fabrics or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  111. I am not in a guild. I live in a very small town and I'm not really sure if there even is one.

    ReplyDelete
  112. I'm not in a guild as I'm in a rural area. My guild is all the fantastic blogs I follow. I do hope all goes well with you. Remember to keep it positive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  113. I'm not a quilt guild member, but I am joining a group this week :) We'll be meeting in a historical house in the neighbourhood and working on a quilt for it.

    (I'm in Canada, but have a shipping address in California... will that work?)

    ReplyDelete
  114. I'm not a member of a guild, but I saw a swap where everyone made pincushions for their guild meet and that seemed like a nice treat to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  115. What a lovely giveaway. I'm not a member of a guild but I've been at a quilting class where a guild member was gathering up all our selvedge scrapes to make a selvedge quilt at their guild. She said they gather them up from their own work as well as when they go to classes and when they have enough they make a quilt from all the little selvedge pieces. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  116. I am not a member of a guild. As for recommendations, maybe host a get together for everyone to get to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  117. I am not in a official quilt quild, but my sisters an I get together every Saturday to quilt. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  118. I'm not a member of a quilt guilt, maybe someday after I learn a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  119. I'm not a member of a guild but good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  120. I am not a member of a guild, but a little quilt club. I just enjoy being with others who love quilting. We enjoy making charity quilts as a group, going to quilt shows and shop hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  121. Love these fabrics! I am not a member of a guild however my niece and I get together for sew days and have so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  122. I'm in the Boston Modern Quilt Guild and I like that we are starting to make quilts for charities.

    ReplyDelete
  123. I am in a guild, and I love our show-and-tell at our meetings. Everyone gets a chance to show something if they want. I have seen some awesome quilts adn other projects, too.

    ReplyDelete
  124. I'm not a member of a quilt guild, but I would like to join one in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  125. Oh I love those bowling pins, and the brick pattern, oh and the texty print! I am not part of a guild, but I am moving back to Texas soon and I so badly want to join the Austin Modern Quilt Guild. It's only an hour away and I love Austin. I can't wait to make some quilty friends!
    mrs(dot)hbraun(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  126. I am a member of Lighthouse Quilt Guild in Racine, WI. I like participating in sewing days. I also like swaps and when we all make the same pattern, but in our own way and share them. Challenges are fun, too.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  127. I'm not a member of a guild, though there is one nearby. I just don't have the time to go to meetings. I hope to one day!

    ReplyDelete
  128. Have fun starting your guild! I started one by me last year. I love our member focused swaps where we swap items made for a particular person rather than randomly swapping. It's really helped the members get to know each other better.

    ReplyDelete
  129. I am not a member, but I love going to the local quilt show and their "leftover" sale.

    ReplyDelete
  130. Thanks for the chance to win. I go to two guilds, both modern quilt guilds. One does big sewing days and the other weekday evening meetings. I like them both - different vibes and commitment levels.

    ReplyDelete
  131. I'm not a member of a quilt guild. I am a little afraid of the commitment, because I sew in fits and starts.

    ReplyDelete
  132. I am not a member. I tend to be really busy for the sept-may school year, with little free time until summer rols around. So, i would have issues with any deadlines for projects.

    ReplyDelete
  133. I'm not a member of a quilt guild - but only because they don't have a modern one in my town :(

    ReplyDelete
  134. I'm a new quilter (only since August) and don't belong to or know of any quilting guilds...yet!

    ReplyDelete
  135. I recently returned to quilting/sewing after a long hiatus so I haven't looked for a quilt guild in my area yet.

    ReplyDelete
  136. Not a Guild Member but do enjoy sewing and quilting with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  137. I really really like your picks. I do not belong to a guild.. I wish I did though, but I have young children and no available childcare.. oh well

    ReplyDelete
  138. im not currently in a guild, but enjoy getting inspiration from blogs

    ReplyDelete
  139. I'm not a member of a quilt guild. I'd suggest you create a website so people can check out the guild and get acquainted before they show up.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Sadly I'm not in a guild. I really want to but keep hesitating. I'm always jealous of the block/project/fabric swaps within guilds.

    ReplyDelete
  141. Nope. Not a member. Perhaps one day I will find one. I think I'd like it but I'm pretty busy with school and kid.

    ReplyDelete
  142. That's a wonderful bag of scrap fabrics! No, I'm not a member of a guild... getting to quilt class at our local quilt shop once a month is about all I can manage.

    ReplyDelete
  143. I would love to be part of a quilt guild but around here they all seem to be run by women old enough to be my Mum. Nothing against that but it would be nice to have more women (or men) of a similar age to mine who also like colour not just beige.

    ReplyDelete
  144. Cute fabrics! I'm not a part of any guilds but they sound fun. Maybe I should look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  145. Hey! I'm president of the Baltimore Modern quilt guild. By far, love the swaps and really, just the energy in the room and spending time with other quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  146. Such pretty fabrics. Thanks for the chance to win. I'm not a member of a local guild yet, the meetings have been on the same night as another activity I'm doing, but I'm definitley going to join when they start back up in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  147. I am not a member of a guild, but I think I might like to join one. Thanks for the giveaway! racergirl1313 AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  148. I'm not a member of a guild because I'm too intimidated! Those ladies are quilting rock stars!

    ReplyDelete
  149. My only guild is my online blogging friends... I live in a rural area and the local group seems more about gossip than quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  150. I am not a quilt guild member but I would love and use this set. thanks for the great giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  151. I always love when they have quest quilters come in and share their quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  152. I am not a member of a quilt guild. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  153. I'm not a member.
    sntbosch(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  154. I'm not a member, but I like the idea of picking one (or several) local organizations you can do some volunteer work with - either donating quilty work or just getting out once/year and doing a sort-of team event that's non quilt related. :)

    ReplyDelete
  155. Not a member, but I think the comraderie would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  156. I am not a member of a quilt guild, but I think I might want to in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  157. I'm not a guild member, but my mom is. I know that she likes excellent speakers and the annual swap where members get to trade or sell crafty goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  158. I'm not, but good luck in your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  159. Nope, but it sounds fun. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  160. I am not a member of a quilting guild. I just quilt my own way in my own style. So, I am not much help to you. You could go on the Internet and look of qulting guilds in your area and I am sure there will be answers to help you. You have a very nice giveaway for the SMS. Thank you for being a part of this and being so good to us.

    Sandi Timmons
    sandit1@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  161. I am a member of a guild, but haven't done anything but attend meetings so far. My favorite thing is our quilt show. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  162. I belonged to a guild, but had to resign due to work commitments. I miss those ladies, especially our Christmas parties. The good news is that I can still be in the quilt show every year.

    ReplyDelete
  163. I do not belong to a quilt guild, and I'm not even sure there is one around me! Thank you for the giveaway!!! atabanana29(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  164. I don't belong to a guild as I just don't have the time at this time but when I retire I hope to change that.
    momik97(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  165. I am not a guilt member but I would love to be part of one when my kids are older.

    ReplyDelete
  166. Great prize and great question! I love when our Modern Quilt Guild does secret swaps. It is a fun way to get to know each other and create for one another!

    ReplyDelete
  167. I am not part of a guild but I wish that I was! I would love to do fabric swaps with them.

    ReplyDelete
  168. i'm not a member of a guild, not even sure if there is one in my local area BUT if i were going to be a part of one i would like for it to be sortof casual and laid back maybe with some chill music and great conversation?

    ReplyDelete
  169. I hated my Guild, to much structure and no classes or demos......no one came for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  170. I'm not a member of a quild...yet. Just started quilting a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  171. I love my guild but they meet on Monday nights and this year my daughter had dance and son had ballgames that night! :( I have a dear friend over at http://www.livelovequilt.blogspot.com/ who does our BOM so it has been much more modern than in the past. We have done Granny Squares and this year they have done the Polaroid picture block!

    ReplyDelete
  172. not a member of a guild - maybe someday

    ReplyDelete
  173. I belong to the Seattle MQG and I love going to the sew-ins. i'm pretty new but eventually I look forward to participating in the challenges as well. Thanks for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  174. Not a member of a guild, yet. Lovely giveaway. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  175. I belong to a quilting group associated with the Extension Homemakers. We're making donation quilts which I love to do. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  176. I am not a member of a guild- should I join one?

    ReplyDelete
  177. I am not a member - but I would love to join one.

    amyd14_1999@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  178. I'm a new quilter. I've only been at it for about a year. I've just started looking in to guilds.

    ReplyDelete
  179. I'm not a member of a quilt guild, but I think it would be fun to join one some day

    ReplyDelete
  180. I do not belong to a guild. I hope to one day when I live closer to where one meets. Thanks for the chance at your wonderful giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  181. not a guild member, but one day...

    ReplyDelete
  182. Wow.. I love those prints..especially the one with words! Thanks for the chance to win them! No, I do not belong to a guild.

    ReplyDelete
  183. No I am not a member of a guild the only thing I belong to is a gym and I don't use that subscription so I figure I shouldn't join anything else thanks for the chance

    ReplyDelete
  184. Great giveaway...love the fabric! No, I'm not a member of a quilt guild...probably because I've never actually made a quilt :) I do love to sew other things, though.

    ReplyDelete
  185. Not a member of any guild, but it sure dos sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  186. I'm not, I've been considering attending the Seattle Modern quilt guild for the last few months but I haven't made it to a meeting yet. Thank you for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  187. I do not belong to a quilt guild. I love your scraps and enjoy making scrap quilts. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  188. I do not belong to any group, sorry! Have not met many other quilters in my neighbourhood yet.
    Esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  189. I am not a member of a quilt guild. We do have a quilting group in town, but I have 4 children 7 and under- going away to sew is not going to happen! Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  190. No don't have any around here in ga.

    ReplyDelete
  191. I'm not a member, but I've been thinking about joining one.

    ReplyDelete
  192. I am not a member of any guild, I am still pretty new to the sewing world & I am excited to start learning to quilt. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  193. I'm not a member of a quilt guild - I just meet up with a group of fellow quilters each month for a sewing day. I'm debating joining the local guild. I have to see when they meet and if their events work with my schedule.

    Thanks for the chance to win! greycatquilts (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  194. Gorgeous fabrics - thanks for the chance to win! I'm not a member of a quilt guild but would like to be someday, maybe after I retire.

    ReplyDelete
  195. I'm not, I've only recently started my first quilt. I mostly sew clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  196. I am a new quilter and not a member of a guild but would like to someday. Thank you! anglanouette(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  197. I wish I was part of a guild. Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  198. I'm not a member of a quilting guild but would love it if there were more fabric exchanges or project exchanges or something! shaenaot@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  199. I am not a member of a guild. Maybe when the kids are older... Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete