Saturday, January 7, 2012

Control freak meets random and haphazard

January block for Leah
Leah asked us to "just be random and haphazard" with the following quilts as inspiration.

I was drawn to the blocks with the mini blocks making up the larger blocks so that's what I attempted.  Improv blocks are not easy for this control freak.  It did get easier for the final two mini blocks but the first two took more time and I don't think I like them as much.   When laying out the four mini blocks, it was difficult to figure out what would be the best arrangement and I couldn't make it look right with putting the top blocks on a diagonal from each other.   I didn't notice the parallel construction of the oranges and blues until I was cropping the photo.  I really hope this is what she had in mind.  Improv piecing for someone else was not a very "liberating" experience for me.  Well, I did start to like it better toward the end but only until I started worrying about whether I fulfilled her request.    

Leah, I did do my best and will have no problem whatsoever if you choose not to include it.  Or, if you decide to unpick all four and add more strips around instead.  



No comments:

Post a Comment