I'll start with showing the bee block for the month. Cherie of Sew and So Quilts made a tutorial for a Carpenter's Star. The only thing I didn't like so much was that I didn't really anticipate the number of HST that I would be pressing and trimming because of her directions. I liked how she cut the larger square into smaller units after sewing the diagonals, I just didn't continue the thought process and understand what that meant until I started pressing a few days later.
And finally, the Lynnebobsquarepants quilt for my niece is complete. The first few pictures were taken in the shade so the colors are not quite as vibrant as the actual quilt.
After purchasing Free Motion Quilting with Angela Walters, I decided to try a few new techniques for this quilt. It looks gorgeous and I did enjoy quilting it most of the time but by the end I really wished I had just stippled it all over so it would be done already. I did spend quite a bit of time just staring at my quilting because I thought it was pretty. I couldn't get a picture of the back that showed the quilting well.
Swirls in the white part and an 8 petal flower in the middle square.
Some skinny swirl scrolls in the white square. Next time I need to do better at filling the space with this design.
And a paisley design in the color sections. To end up on the proper side to travel in a line, I did the initial quilting in the direction I wanted to go next.
Pattern: Lynnebobsquarepants sized for 18" finished blocks
Fabrics: Kona White and Art Gallery Oval Elements, Nature Elements, Lace Elements, Bespoken and Poetica (mostly Poetica and Oval Elements)
Backing fabric: a Riley Blake polka dot flannel from a few years ago and more Poetica
Unwashed size: 72x90
Pieced and quilted by me
Seams pressed open, HST trimmed and binding handsewn by my mom. I did some, but I fear she did the majority.
And now I should clean my machine before the next project.
I'm with you on the hsts, or well, behind you a bit...about 2/3 done...hopefully finished today. Yours looks great :) Your quilting looks beautiful, I'm a stipple girl too, but yours looks nice with the extra effort.
ReplyDelete