My newly forming guild decided that we would make a quilt to send to the Oklahoma City Modern Quilt Guild. We are making 12.5" blocks in blue, green, gray and white to assemble into a quilt. After sorting through my scrap bin, I had the blue Metro Living Circles already cut into the right size pieces to make a Greek Cross. If I stare at it too long, the wonky circle alignment might drive me crazy, but it will be just fine mixed with other blocks in a quilt.
After seeing Mama Love Quilts block for Boston from 99 Modern Quilt blocks, I decided to attempt a slightly modified version (also known as not seeking the book for the actual directions). The color squares are 4.5, 4, 3 and 2.5 inches. I think more contrast between the squares sizes would make me happier with the block, but I still like it.
I doubt my goal of quilting the second Starburst will be accomplished by the end of the month. I was stuck on the big project but feel the need to do some smaller ones to have some finishes. My plan is to attempt another block or two for the OK quilt. I want the quilt we send to be big enough but don't know how many other people will make a block. Hope you all are having a great day.
These are fantastic! I love your modified version!
ReplyDelete