Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ruby Mosaic

     The school year has started and it has been a busy one.  Remind me to get house projects done   in the summer.  Silly me making the initial weekends of the year busier than they needed to be.  
    Here are the Beejeebers blocks for the month.  Lindsay requested St. Louis 16 patch blocks using the following tutorial http://sewwithsass.blogspot.com/2013/04/quilts-st-louis-16-patch.html.
She wanted warm and cool colored blocks.  I don't know how thrilled I am with my fabric choices. 




     Next, I went to the guild sew day and managed to sew 86 charms into HST, press half of them and begin trimming.  This weekend the remaining 86 HST were trimmed, and a decision not to go to the state fair due to weather gave me enough time to get this to a quilt top today.  And it is now basted too.  It didn't take me all day either.  Yay for rain and wind.
     It is made of 9 16" Mosaic blocks, like this one of mine from the Summer Sampler Series.  There is also one row of half blocks.  For some reason, my math was off and I felt the need to cut 2 squares of Bliss fabric that was completely unnecessary.  Oops.  The math was after the school year started as well.

     This is the fabric for the back of the quilt.  I do not remember what it is called, but I purchased it recently from Hancock's of Paducah.  I think it is Dena Designs.  I went through their web sales and purchased a few backing fabrics for quilts that I intend to donate in the future.  None of those quilts are made yet.   I had 2 Ruby charm packs and no plan to use them so I figured they would be perfect to start with.
     And now I'll go back to regular programming of not really posting much, attempting to sew a little, and balancing the rest of work and life.  Have a fabulous Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment