Soon after returning from winter break, it was abundantly clear that a co-worker needed a bit of extra assurance that she had a large group of us who cared. This work in progress at the time quickly became a quilt for her.
Instead, I used Julie's White Stars pattern (I'm not sure if that is the real name) from her book. I devised my own measurements to use nearly all of the fat quarter and make a 60 x 80 quilt. If I were to make this again, I probably would use some other fabric instead of just white for the stars, but I still like it.
Quilt holder is working overtime on weekends so good pictures are harder to come by. This also has been finished and gifted for over a month so daylight definitely was a bit of an issue. Constant rain was also a problem at the time.
As I wanted this done quickly to give it to her as soon as possible, I quilted it with a meandering stitch all over. It is bound in the purple eggs print from the line. I did not have enough of the brown eggs to make it all the way around, but I did have enough purple.
To continue the theme of caring and support, I used one of the heart flannels from Pretty Potent as well as a flannel scrap that was nearly perfect to fit the backing. The white patch at the bottom has signatures from many of her friends from work with a line modified from Llama, Llama, Red Pajama, "We're always near, even if we're not right here."
It is gifted and she appreciated it. Hopefully it will help her remember that there are a lot of people thinking about her.
oooh, I really like those white stars, very pretty...I am sure it will be well loved :)
ReplyDelete