Sunday, March 15, 2015

Some scrap sewing

It is that time of year where I really wish I was independently wealthy.  Work has been pretty emotionally draining and staying up past 8 pm seems really late.  The weather has been beautiful for weeks, my yard has lots that needs to be done, and I wish I could be at home once in awhile without the two kids so that I can stare at a clean house for more than 2 minutes before it is covered in Lego pieces.  But I also really do love Lego sets at the moment because they have been wonderful to help with the imagination of the kids with minimal adult intervention needed.  Sometimes, the room needs to be divided in half so they can each have their spaces where the other one can't touch their stuff.  

Here are some of the current sewing projects.  The scrap bins are pretty full so I started making slab blocks from the different colors.  My current projects include sewing monochromatic slab blocks, 
binding this quilt,
and needing to baste and quilt this one.  I think it would look better with spiffy quilting and I haven't quite managed to wrap my mind around that yet.  It should be done in about 2 weeks time to make the guild deadline, but the schedule right now does not have enough uninterrupted time in it to do what I want unless I start staying up later on work nights.  So I will need to make a choice between making the deadline and spiffy quilting.  
I also have a stacked coins quilt made from fabric given to me by Katie's Comforters Guild that I need to attach the binding to and take a picture.  The kids decided that I should make slabs from the entire rainbow, so today I will start on the cool color bins.  I am trying to just use small pieces and not cut pieces off of larger scraps.  That might not work for green, but it should work way too well for blue.  Sewing scraps into slabs is much easier for me than making quarter log cabin blocks with scraps.  I think I might try some mixed color ones next.


1 comment:

  1. Love your challenge..the possibilities for Quilting that are endless, ;) unlike the hours in a day.

    ReplyDelete