Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Black to White PNWMQG Challenge

Sometimes I feel obligated to complete all the MQG challenges or opportunities that come up. I was excited about the Black to White Challenge for the PNW guilds for the Quilt! Knit! Stitch! Show and had a great plan.  I drew out a lovely diagram for stitch and flip HST and cut all the fabric.

Then, I picked up a bit of extra responsibility at work which reduced my desire to fill the spare time I did have with sewing a quilt that had no recipient yet.  I ditched the idea of adding the triangle to the other side of the HST and just went with the value based HST design.







This was not finished in time to submit it and I took it across the country on vacation to bind it.  The binding fairy finished the final side for me.  She also is going to give it to a step-nephew in June when he graduates from HS.  Yay that it is done nearly one year early.

I did a variety of quilting styles along the diamonds but primarily did the wishbone style.  The quilt is bound with a Valori Wells print.  It is about 60 x 70 ".  And best of all, it is another quilt crossed off the WIP list!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt, love the fabrics you've chosen for this :) Wishbone quilting, eh? Looks like lots of movement and interest with that.

    ReplyDelete