Sue's arrived, my mom made a block, and I finished three to bring the grand total to 16. I decided to change the final ring around Kris' block so it was all the same (she ran out with less than 4 inches to go). Her blocks were so neat, I felt a bit guilty. But I decided to go with uniformity. The two partial blocks need one more ring and then 11 of the little 2.5 inch blocks each. Those are coming out a little wonky no matter how hard I try to sew them straight. Perhaps I shouldn't try to get three layers in a 2.5 inch block. Before today, the blocks seemed pretty blue but I think they're a bit more balanced now with the blues and greens. Besides making the little ones, I think I need to add a few darker rings tomorrow.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
More Bee Blocks
Sue's arrived, my mom made a block, and I finished three to bring the grand total to 16. I decided to change the final ring around Kris' block so it was all the same (she ran out with less than 4 inches to go). Her blocks were so neat, I felt a bit guilty. But I decided to go with uniformity. The two partial blocks need one more ring and then 11 of the little 2.5 inch blocks each. Those are coming out a little wonky no matter how hard I try to sew them straight. Perhaps I shouldn't try to get three layers in a 2.5 inch block. Before today, the blocks seemed pretty blue but I think they're a bit more balanced now with the blues and greens. Besides making the little ones, I think I need to add a few darker rings tomorrow.
Labels:
Sew.Bee.Create
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is going to be such a pretty quilt...glad you added the extra four inches to the edge of mine :). I vote that uniformity is the way to go and your setting is looking pretty balanced to me!
ReplyDelete