Some time ago, I asked my sister to trade me a knit hat for a baby quilt that she could give away. She decided that she would prefer to be selfish and would like a quilt for herself. I did plan on making her a quilt soon, and she's had quite a stressful past 6 months so I went ahead and made her a large, but simple, quilt. It should live at the foot of her queen size bed as an oversized bed runner. She chose the color scheme before Tangerine Tango was chosen as the color of the year. So now I get to say she's a trendsetter. I really like how the quilting stands out on the back of the quilt even though the pictures don't really show it.
Finished size: 70x88"
quilted by me with zig zags
Fabric was lots of different oranges from Dear Stella, Mingle, PowerPop, Remix, Oval Elements, Lizzy House, Heather Bailey, American Jane, Chrysalis, Patrick Lose, and Kona School Bus and Tangerine. Backing was a Key West Handprint that my grandma gave my mom 40 years ago and seemed perfect for this quilt.
Gorgeous!!! I love the colors in this. Happy orange! And that backing really is perfect. Congrats on the awesome finish.
ReplyDelete