Sunday, March 11, 2012

A block for Alisa

25 patch for AlisaI haven't done much sewing this week and failed to take pictures of the drawstring bags before they were given as wrappings for birthday presents.  But, I did manage to make the 25 patch block for this month of Sew.Bee.Create (and a second 16 patch that I did not take a picture of before I packed it up).  I did try to go slow and match up as many points as possible, but I wasn't perfect.  Argh.  Alisa wanted us to include at least one square from our own stash to make each block unique and ours.  Can you guess which one it is?




Besides drawstring bags, the other project since the last post was selecting and cutting fabrics for Kati's Monster Charm Swap.  I got my favorite color, managed to purchase some that ended up being red-purple in person instead of purple, and had to try again.  These were the final five selected.  Most are from Art Gallery (as were the red-purples) and the first is a Timeless Treasures Bubbles in Purple.  The fabric is now cut and sorted, and is waiting to get packed up and sent off after I buy some labels.

Next project to complete before a Saturday swim lesson is a drawstring backpack with laminated cotton on the inside to put in someone's swim stuff.  Hopefully that will be a successful story for the next time, and I'll be better about taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment