Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's not a new project, I'm cleaning

 I sent out way too many strips for my bee quilt and had extra uncut fabric as well as strips remaining.  So, instead of trying to organize the container of strips, I chose to use some 12" cheap scrapbook paper and make a lovely string quilt.  I'll either run out of strips or out of variety with what is remaining.  Maybe I'll add 5 more blocks to make it around 55x66.  There is a lot more room in the container so I suppose I can chalk this up to cleaning rather than starting a new project when the other one is still not complete.  And for some reason, I thought string quilts were a bit more time consuming than it ended up being.  Or, I need to wait to say that until after I tear all the paper off the back.
The colors are so much better in real life and not well represented in the picture.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one almost as much as the other :) Fun to have coordinating quilts! I am not much for paper piecing but the free Craftsy BOM had us do the string thing with a muslin foundation that you move out of the way and don't sew to (much less potholder thickness effect!)...you might take a peek if it's new to you...is was to me.

    ReplyDelete