Saturday, April 21, 2012

Make Life Chevrons

After two recent quilt finishes, I decided to pull out scraps from previous projects and make a Patchwork Chevron Quilt designed by Jeni Baker of In Color Order.  Since I had leftovers from a jelly roll, I sewed nine patches of 2.5" squares and 6.5" squares of white fabric.  The chevrons above are randomly placed at the moment.  I'm planning on adding 7 more chevrons to make a 4x4 grid instead.  If I can squeeze out enough leftovers, I'll make it 4x5 but I don't think I'll be able to pull that off.  My quilting plan is to try the orange peel quilting method from Oh Fransson!.  I wanted to try a small project before taking on a twin size quilt for my niece.  No intended recipient, but depending upon the size, I may keep this one for O.

But this weekend is beautiful so I think this may be as far as I get until later in the work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment