Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bloggers' Quilt Festival: Daisy Strings

My entry for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival is the string quilt I made for my mother using leftover scraps from my bee quilt.  I had a large bin of random strips that I knew I needed to clean up and organize but really didn't want to.  Instead I took some cheap 12x12" scrapbook paper and started a string quilt which left me with very little left to organize and sort. 

And facilitating the ripping of lots of little pieces of paper by a 4 year old and a 1 year old was an interesting part of the process.  The 1 year old kept grabbing the recycling bin and wanted to take it out any time there was any piece of paper in it.  It became a full time job but is a great memory for this quilt.

Pattern: slight variation on Valentine by Elizabeth Hartman
Fabrics: Daisy Chain by Amy Butler; Kona: Navy, Olive, Sour Apple, Pear, White, Robin's Egg, Azure, Peacock; Moda Light Jade, Free Spirit  Jade
Backed in Robert Kaufman Olive flannel
Bound with Kona Navy
Quilted by me in an all over stipple
Pre-washed size:  58x70"



Hope you enjoy the rest of the festival!
Amy's Creative Side

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, and I love the idea of using scrapbook paper that is 12 x 12...I have a ton of that stuff, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful string quilt! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors are are so soothing! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for a string quilt and this one is excellent. I love the colour palette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love string quilts and your colour choice is a favourite. I bet your mother loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the colors in there - beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful fabrics!

    Check out my blog if you can...

    Margaret Gunn
    www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great string quilt! I'm seeing so many fantastic ones in the Blogger's Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very beautiful!
    www.1squareinch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love string quilts and this one is beautiful! I absolutely love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't made a true string quilt yet but yours gives me inspiration. Beautiful. Looks like we both need followers. I'll follow you . . . will you follow me?

    ReplyDelete