Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oops


Here's what happens when I don't carefully read directions carefully.  

This block 
becomes this block.  

A quick lesson in how to add a half inch on both sides when I failed to think about the finished size needing an extra half inch.  It isn't a perfect wonky cross but I couldn't quite figure out how to pull that off.  I had a hard time picking a color to add that would go with the colors.  I added the blue to the original blocks and decided to just keep the blue going.  Next time I will pay closer attention.  

Just because I think it looks neat, my daughter took a picture of the outside of a drawstring backpack I made for her cousin.  Although sometimes letting her have the camera means we have a whole bunch of pictures of her nose up close, she does end up getting some other shots from interesting perspectives.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new cross block, gives it your originality stamp...I'm sure Toni will too!

    ReplyDelete