The fabric choices for the Starburst quilt. Somewhere in the cutting process I realized that the recipient's birthday is January 31st. How likely is it that I can get the whole darn thing done by then? So, I decided to see if I could piece the top this weekend.
How easy it was to forget the 200+ triangles to trim in favor of the more glamorous part of quilting. I do wish I would have chosen a different fabric for the bottom left star. Green metallic leaves just aren't quite as bold as the red and the brown. Solids for the stars probably would have been the best idea. I still really like it. It is waiting for backing fabric to arrive before I bind it and hope to start quilting it this weekend. So, I am a participant in the quilt-a-long but on the fast track. Now hopefully I managed to take all the right pictures for Melissa's assignments.
I also pieced the quilt back for Ring Toss. No picture yet but that is basted and waiting for me to quilt it. Perhaps I'll try to work on that tomorrow night. That won't get sent until Nephew #2's quilt is done. Just not politically correct to send the two kid quilts separately.
From the pic I like the bottom left the best :) ...lots of contrast on all four and pretty fabric choices throughout...great patience to get it done in a weekend, for sure!!
ReplyDelete