I decided to take part in the two MQG efforts for Boston. The Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild started "To Boston With Love" and the Boston Modern Quilt Guild is collecting quilt blocks.
This block for Quilts for Boston is based on the Diamond Eye Pillow in Quilting Modern. I wish I would have used a royal blue instead of a navy just so it seemed to match the color scheme a bit better (there is navy in the fabric pull picture though). Unfortunately I didn't regret my choice until after I had trimmed it to 12.5" and I really don't want to try to perfectly match up everything to unpick and put in the royal. In the pictures, it looks almost black, but it isn't. I could always try to add in a royal blue line parallel to the yellow in the lower left corner. I'll ponder that for awhile.
The second block was just using random strings of the right colors from my string box. I got to use white from my scrap bag as well and didn't have to cut any more from the main stash. That made me happy.
And since the last post, I've sewn a lovely neon green Oval Elements Lazy Days Skirt for Neon Day and a new flannel nightgown. No pictures of those because they've been worn frequently. I think I also might be prepared to participate in the SewMamaSew Giveaway Day this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment