Friday, April 12, 2013

Unwind for Sarah

      I finished my niece's quilt this weekend using Unwind by Jaybird Quilts.  The pattern was very easy to follow and I was really happy with how it turned out.  I should have pressed the white parts in batches so the 6.5" squares would have been a bit more accurate.  I did check the line up of the first few but then forged on without checking again and had to trim the blocks to 12.25" instead of leaving them at 12.5".  Oops.
 
 
     It took a little bit to get a rhythm with the quilting.  Julie's quilt had swirls in the strip parts and so I decided to try it as well.  Half of one row was an attempt to do swirl quilting without a firm plan.  After that, I switched to using the strips to guide how large to make the swirls and to give me a clear path to follow.  I do appreciate having a walking foot for straighter lines and easier straight line quilting but turning the quilt so many times is not as much fun.  


Pattern: Unwind by Jaybird Quilts
Size:  approximately 59 x 70"
Fabric: Kona White, Freebird by MoMo for Moda
Binding: purple eggs from Freebird
Backing: Various Freebird prints (bought at $3.50/yard at DelRay Fabrics)
Quilted by me with swirls in the zigzags and straight lines in the stars



No comments:

Post a Comment