Sunday, December 15, 2013

A few scarves

 This weekend I helped myself feel less guilty about previous acquisitions of voile and velveteen by making five figuring the 8 scarves.  I altered the measurements so the scarves were about 9" wide and 80ish" long.  The blue one is longer because I cut two WOF pieces and it goes around 4 times.

There are three nearly identical ones of the center combination.
The blue one has the triflora print in blue on the inside.  My velveteen stash is now reduced to a couple small scraps.  The voile stash is slightly bigger but it is earmarked for a couple roller skate dresses from Oliver and S for next summer.  Hopefully over winter break I can tackle my fear of sewing with knits and I'll feel less guilty about the number of knits in the stash that have not been touched.

In the past bit of time, I've made two pouches for the 6 year old's teachers and have quilted two quilts that I didn't make.  One was for my guild and one was for my mom to give my aunt.  And I made a lovely tutorial for the balance block.  


And here's a Christmas wall hanging that has yet to find a wall space at my house.  Super dense quilting of swirls in the middle of it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment