Saturday, December 21, 2013

Beejeebers finished quilt

This weekend I finished binding my quilt made by the Beejeebers bee.  The quilt is based on Boston Streets and the directions I sent out are here.  I am thankful for the women of the bee that helped me create the gift for my nephew.






It was quilted on the diagonals.  I think I prefer free motion quilting to straight line quilting any day.  More entertaining for the mind as I have to think about where I'm going and which way I move the quilt next.  For the diagonals I need to come up with something to think about other than how many more lines there are to go.

The backing is a Kaufman aqua flannel.  I added two rows on the side and bottom of the quilt to make the quilt a bit bigger.  His dad is 6'7" so a lap quilt won't make it too many more years.  When given the Kona card to show me his favorite color, he started pointing to just about every color.   He's since professed a preference for orange.  I auditioned an orange binding but couldn't bring myself to do it.  Instead, it is the asterisk print from Constellations by Lizzy House.  There are still two more blocks that are on the way but I started to worry that I wouldn't manage to finish before Christmas if I waited too much longer.  Instead, I plan on using those for a baby quilt similar to this one.

Dimensions:  88 x 68" unwashed
Made by: Beejeebers Quilt Bee and me
Quilted: by me with straight lines on the diagonals



No comments:

Post a Comment