Sunday, February 9, 2014

Values in the snow

It has been a weird winter here.  Unlike the rest of the country, we've had reasonable temperatures and hardly any moisture.  Finally we got snow and I was happy.  Unfortunately it was the day before the scheduled Values Workshop by Katie Pedersen.

Before going, I read her values tutorial.  Since I couldn't just cut the minimum number of squares for the class, I started early.  Some day when I don't have 1.5 or 3 year olds running around the house every week, I might get a better design wall.  Instead, here are my 140 squares on my design floor.






This is not the final layout.  I may involve the 6 year old in the process of playing with the squares and deciding on a layout. It was a fun day.

3 comments:

  1. You can have our snow :) We are on track for snowiest.winter.ever! I love the looks of the layout as is, I can see the rings forming well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Lots of color and a definite design. I love that you cut so many squares, many more options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how huge yours is and I can't wait to see what design you decide on!

    ReplyDelete