Attempting to be different and to avoid sewing long rows, I chose a design using blocks. My design wall is currently just a piece of cheap batting pinned to the wall. The ability of the HST to stick to the wall varies based on the humidity I think. When it was dry and cold, it worked well. Now that we have enough rain for flood watches and we're nearly back to normal for the mountain snowpack, the batting just isn't quite as good at keeping everything in place.
Taking pictures over dirt with 25 mph wind gusts wasn't the best idea in the world, but I had to try to get the pictures taken before the rain came again. And the black and white shot to see if I got my values correct.
There are places in which there is more contrast than others, but I think it worked out quite well. I actually found that since I did most of the square arrangement after work, I just turned the lights off in the room and could tell the contrast relatively well. Overall I'm quite happy with the quilt top. I'll stare at it for awhile until I figure out what I'm going to do with it (gift, keep or donate). Until I decide, I don't know what backing I'm going to use for it. It is about 60 x 70 inches. Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Good choice, the top looks great :) I know what you mean about up and down weather..we are getting 5 inches of snow this afternoon then it's supposed to be near 50 and rain on Thursday...wha?
ReplyDelete