Scarlet's home is primarily decorated in greens, reds and tans. The Fat Quarter Shop had just put out their feature on Kim Diehl and I liked those combinations to get the colors he wanted for Scarlet. While perusing the FQS website, I saw the Sunbeams pattern from It's Sew Emma. A bit of drawing, counting and calculating and I was ready to go.
I enjoy figuring out the math all by myself. It is enjoyable and it makes me feel smarter. That being said, I did mess up my math a little bit when I forgot to account for the half star centers and had to order a little bit more of a neutral to have enough for all the HST. I just needed enough for 5 more HST. A little irritating but not as much as when I couldn't find 16 of the color squares for the last four blocks. After a bit of looking, I just cut more squares. As I was cleaning up and all blocks were assembled, I found them already sewn together behind one sheet of paper in my notebook. Oops.
I am undecided on the backing and haven't started to think about the quilting. Ten years ago I injured my shoulder and aggravated it a few weeks ago working in the yard. The quilting and blogging have slowed down the last few months but my yard is looking less like a weed specimen garden.
Currently the quilt top is 56 by 70. It will either be backed in flannel or probably a solid backing. I'm thinking I might even go with a wide backing that I don't have to piece.
One more month until the resident quilt holder should not be working overtime anymore and pictures can improve.
Very Nice! Can't wait to see it in person..
ReplyDelete