In between helping the oldest with her science fair project, I managed to finish the mug rug that needs to be done before Wednesday. Two of the fabrics my partner chose had the Eiffel Tower on them. Both were fairly large scale prints and I wasn't sure how to use them if I went with the paper pieced Eiffel Tower. I ended up including one of them on the back, because the oldest thought it would look wonderful.
I mostly did swirls in the quilting until I decided to have a disturbance over on the left side of the tower. The science fair project involves weather so perhaps I felt the need to have some slightly different winds. Mostly I changed to do a little variety in the quilting. I used white for the top thread and a very light blue for the bobbin. When I didn't quite change directions fast enough, you can see a bit of the blue, so I decided that there were raindrops. Even if you can see a star in the sky, there still can be rain.

I bet she loved it!!
ReplyDelete