Tuesday, April 8, 2014

And so they ran without a plan




with a flippity flap and a flutter...... (from one version of Chicken Little).  I originally started with a  plan to use the flying darts block for the Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller Fabric Challenge, but when I helped make the Riley Blake Challenge fabrics into a quilt using the block, I changed my mind.  

And entering my mind was the report card comment, "Good application of newly learned concepts."  I sacrificed and chose my fat eighths from the wacky end pieces that didn't quite make the cut and applied my newly learned knowledge from the crazy piecing class without a final plan in mind.

One day later, here are the blocks that I have so far.  I think I am going to add a white ring around each one and then use a light gray for the rest.  I'm debating whether I want to add another ring of solid after the white before the gray.  We'll see.  And the layout on the wall is just how I put them up there although I may go with that.  

After a very productive few days, the next few days should be pretty quiet again and back to the regular programming...

No comments:

Post a Comment