Saturday, April 5, 2014

Flying Darts Quilt

Melissa and I have been tag teaming to finish up this quilt as part of our guild BOM program.  Many members made blocks and then we made a few more to make a complete top with the leftover Riley Blake Challenge fabrics.  It is a bit of a stormy day so the quilt is remaining on the floor rather than being held up.  Actually the outside photos are with me as the holder and the 6 year old as the photographer.

 I quilted it with straight lines in a chevron design.
 Two extra blocks were added to the back.  One block had green in it and the other 15 didn't so I put it on the back.  Then I could have one blank white one in every row.  It also helped me use up nearly all of that type of flannel for the back.

 In person I don't notice the pulling between the lines as much as in the pictures.  Some day I might enjoy straight line quilting but I think I will stick to free motion more often.  It was worth a shot to see if I could make it look lovely.



  Those outside pictures make it look like it might be sunny and nice, but it isn't.  Now it is time to finalize my idea for the Modern Metallic challenge.

1 comment:

  1. once it's washed you'll never see the pulling in the quilting! It looks great! THANKS for volunteering to do this!

    ReplyDelete