The quilt was somewhat irritating to make because it reinforced my inability to cut straight, draw straight lines across the diagonals of squares or sew straight across the drawn lines on squares. Whatever it happened to be, I chose not to trim the little squares before assembling them into blocks (and I can't really tell that I didn't trim them in this picture!).
With the three colors, I attempted to alternate and keep a consistent pattern with the blocks. I made up A blocks and B blocks and did manage to keep them straight until I started putting them all together. A few of them got twisted around but I don't really notice when I look at the whole quilt and a 3 year old doesn't notice.
The quilt is backed in a green minky. Now there are two minky quilts in the house, one for each kid, which reduces the arguing. I need to make one for myself. The dimensions of the minky determined the quilt dimensions. I didn't want to piece a backing of minky so I kept it less than 56 x 72. It is bound in Free Spirit Manatee.
Fabrics: Salt Water by Tula Pink, Free Spirit Okra
Backing: Cuddle 3 in green
Binding: Free Spirit Manatee
Quilting: by me with a meandering stitch
Size: 56 x 72" unwashed.
And just so you know, this was finished awhile ago but either weather or the absence of a quilt holder during daylight hours has kept me from snapping a picture until today. I do more sewing during time off from work but this would be ridiculous.
Beautiful! How much of a pain is it to quilt minky anyway, this looks so soft!!
ReplyDelete