Monday, April 7, 2014

Modern Metallic quilt top

My MQG is participating in the Modern Metallic Challenge.  We received four fat quarters of Quilter's Linen Metallics to incorporate into our design.  The idea was that the fabric, thread or theme was inspired by metallic design details.  My original idea was to use a picture of the side of a train for the design but I changed my mind.

grab the button
 

Instead I used the Icky Thump block by 627 Handworks.  The block is intended to be put together differently, but I liked the circles instead.  Luckily I had just enough Kona Snow (6 inches to spare), enough wide backing leftover from another project and a lovely batting scrap that left just two inches extra.  At about 36 x 48, it was a wonderful size to use up what I already had.



And what do I do when I wake up at an obnoxiously early hour in the morning and can't manage to get back to sleep?  I get up and baste the quilt.  I'll try to save the quilting for tomorrow when the weather is not supposed to be quite as nice as today.

3 comments:

  1. Nice!! I love that you used all the prints..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really fun pattern...I like the circles too...and lots of possibilities for quilting!

    ReplyDelete