Only a month late, but I finished the guild charity block today. Kristi wrote the tutorial and it was requested that we use black with jewel tones.
I am not so comfortable with my jewel tone selection, but I figured that turquoise and the dark blue were jewel tones. The fuchsia color is similar to the tutorial and I suppose I can find a jewel of similar coloring. Funny how another person I made a quilt for wanted jewel tones but thought more along the lines of ruby and emerald. I guess it isn't really funny, just different definitions leaving me with a lack of confidence in my color selection.
I used American Made Brand solids by Clothworks because that is what I could source locally when I thought better of going to Costco the week before Christmas. (Costco is only relevant due to proximity of that and the fabric store).
But hooray for crossing off another unfinished project from the list!
No comments:
Post a Comment