It has been taunting me on the wall for months now. But finally I have a completed quilt top.
So here is how it currently looks. Quilt holder wasn't very happy and wasn't quite tall enough to get a good shot of the quilt top. I wish I would have picked a different background when I made the second batch of hourglasses, but I didn't realize that I wouldn't like it as much until I was laying out the completed pieces on the wall today. The density of the dots just changes the coloring.
This will now sit until I feel like quilting it. I have three months until it needs to be completed and I'm currently just happy to have it off the wall and in a semi completed form. Apparently I couldn't count the number of hourglasses that I needed and ended up with a whole bunch of extras. After two additions to make the quilt bigger, I decided that it was big enough and would do just fine in the size that it is.
Hooray for another project off the plate for now. Just having it sit in quilt top form really does make me feel much better. Perhaps tomorrow I will just finish it up.

No comments:
Post a Comment