While on vacation, my mother in law requested pillowcases to match the quilt I made her many years ago. The quilt was made with Eva by Basic Grey.
Luckily, a quilt shop nearby had some of the prints left. Most of them were the dark purple prints but there was one green one. She also requested two twin sized quilts sometime before next year when we see them again. The colors should match artwork she has on the wall and be muted. I can understand people's reluctance to take on commissioned quilts.
It was also difficult to distinguish the colors from the photo she sent of the artwork. I recommended that she look at fat quarter bundles and see which ones strike her fancy so I may choose one.
Fearful that she would not like the purple band on the bottom quilt after her request for muted colors, I bought some green grunge fabric and used the leftovers to make the upper pillowcase. They are now sent and she has two options to use, or she can purchase some off white pillowcases that would coordinate with the Kona Snow used on the quilt.
And way back during Teacher Appreciation Week, I chose to make pouches for the kids' teachers and assistants. I let the kids have limited choice for fabric selections that coordinated with the zippers I had on hand.
I am looking forward to a year or two in which the kids don't have 3 or more teachers or assistants for each of them. Or, I need to start now for next year.





No comments:
Post a Comment