The Summer Sampler Series quilt is complete. From now on it will probably be called the new "Fuzzy" blanket as it is replacing the one that she has slept with for the past 4 years of life. It is approximately 68 x 90" before washing and quilted in a loopy pattern. The sashing was 3.5" between the blocks, 5.5" on the sides (to make it wider) and 2.5 on the top and bottom (so I didn't exceed the batting).
I love the back. I am so glad that I didn't use the blocks leftover due to the math error. Elizabeth Hartman posted her update to the charm squares baby quilt on the day I was going to piece the back. When I read her twin sized version, I knew that was a much better idea for the back. And I love how the fabrics she chose for the back really work well with the fabric on the back.
3 staff members are expecting new babies or grandbabies so I'm excited to work on quilts with a few colleagues. I loved doing that last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment