Since starting the second year or preschool, someone has switched from t-shirts and pants to dresses and skirts. Since she has 2 dresses and 1 skirt that fit, I decided to attempt a skirt and picked the Oliver and S
Lazy Days Skirt. After a trip to Joann's to pick up the ribbon, it took less than an hour to figure out the elastic and how to best attach the ribbon. My mom was incredibly helpful with this. Rather than attaching the ribbon to the back and then topstitching to the front, I turned the bottom under 1/4 of an inch to the front and attached the ribbon only to the front. And I used 1/2 inch elastic instead of 3/4 because my ability to press one inch and then 7/8 of an inch wasn't so accurate. But she loves it. And it was probably cheaper than buying a skirt especially since I now have elastic, more thread colors and ribbon. I would like to try the
Twirly Skirt tutorial too but decided to work on a quilt or two.
Urban Zoologie and Metro Living meet
Oh Fransson's Charm Squares Baby Quilt. I cut lots of extra squares so I will probably make another quilt using the same pattern and donate it. This was my first time attempting to attach the binding by machine to both sides. This must be why people have a walking foot for their machine. I don't. It isn't perfect and doesn't look horrible, but I need to practice more. The quilt is for a co-worker of my husband who had their baby at 34 weeks and is in the NICU. Hopefully they can overlook the new technique used on the binding. I was going to quilt circles all over but they happen to work for a company that has a circular logo. Didn't need to remind them of work all the time. Perhaps for the next one I'll try that.
I may make one more skirt tomorrow but I really need to quilt the 100 Quilts for Kids quilt so the binding can get attached.
No comments:
Post a Comment