After seeing the dress Angela of Fussy Cut made for her daughter, I bought the pattern for the Leila and Ben Sweet Little Dress. She picked out some Alexander Henry Freeway Dots and decided she wanted a nightgown. Although she didn't wear it last night, she did wear it all day today and also for bed tonight. The bottom hem isn't as neat and nice and I would like and I twisted the elastic around the neck by mistake. But, I actually managed to sew something with a sleeve without my mother helping.
Charming Stars from Moda Bake Shop in Fruitcake is a birthday/Christmas present to my sister-in-law. My mom has done more of the piecing lately. I did the random arrangement of solids for the star blocks. I can sew random blocks together without worry. My mom wants to plan too much. A 5.5" white border will go around and then I will quilt it. We're hoping to complete it by November 1st.
My 100 Quilts for Kids quilt will be delivered by the local quilt guild to a charity. I'm not sure which one but there was only one on their list that I really didn't want to support. I got some more solid fabric and some flannel to use for backing to make another quilt to donate. Perhaps that will be my project for the week.
I have made this one too. I chose some charm packs with a bit of a 60's feel and yellow as the centre star. it's great to see how different they come out in different fabrics
ReplyDelete