So, instead of getting things done for work that are due on Tuesday morning, I decided to make a practice set of blocks so she could show her oldest daughter what the plan was. Originally I was going to make only 6 little blocks but decided to make 9 instead because it would balance the colors a bit better. Then I realized it was a 12.5" block. That's what I should have made when I made the first quilt rather than piecing together everything in rows and sewing way too many long seams. Oops. Just goes to show that I've learned something in the past two years and can pass that on to her.
With this absolute moment of brilliance, I've now decided that perhaps I should make another version of some unknown size. This evening was spent cutting 4.5x2.5" pieces for the centers. Now I think I need more Metro Living circles, Oval Elements, various prints in bold colors from Lizzy House's lines, or another rainbow custom bundle from Sew Fresh. And some PFD white since that is what I used and had only enough for the one block.
And my charms for round 2 of the Color Wheel Charm Swap are already in the SLC mail sorting facility.

No comments:
Post a Comment