Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nephew quilt #2

Nephew #2 quilt is finally finished and ready to ship.  Quilt holder was working today until dark.  I wanted to have it ready to go out in the mail tonight, so I only have inside, dark pictures.  I have two baby quilts to make with the extra blocks so I will try to get better pictures of those.  


 I have 7.25" horizontal sashing strips between the circles because it was the size of my center squares for the circles.  The vertical strips were 2.75 to match the finished HST size.  The quilt was made bigger to try to make it nearly identical in size to his brother's quilt.

 And I wish I would have looked at the back strip to match up the pattern better before I had sewn it to one side of the backing.
Pattern:  based on Round and Round by Thimble Blossoms but with different measurements.
Finished size:  about 70 x 86"
Fabrics: Cuzco by Kate Spain, Spot on by Kaufman (binding), Pearl Bracelets and Jewels by Lizzy House, Ironwork by Sandi Henderson, Ta Dot by Michael Miller, Oval and Nature Elements by Art Gallery, Metro Living by Kaufman, Prince Charming by Tula Pink.  Backing is from Birds and Bees by Tula Pink and Bella Mist and Michael Miller Solids in Boy.
Quilted: by me with an all over stipple.
Number of machine needles needed to quilt:  three, a new record for me
Number of pierced safety pins:  two.  oops.  

I unpicked the seam for the bee block and it looks a little better now.  Still is odd with the smaller center piece.  5 days until a long weekend.  YAY!

1 comment: