The second Starburst quilt was finished today. I'm counting it as finished in time for the 3 goals I set for May. The blue HST are still sitting in the box untrimmed, but I managed two out of three goals.
A close up shot of each block.
Pattern: Starburst by Melissa Corry (the 32" blocks)
Fabric: Moda Snow and Northcott Stonehenge Gold Leaf Metallic, Kaufman Flannel for the back
Size: 72" square
Quilted: by me in a fairly dense stipple
After making this pattern twice, I'd still make it again. Perhaps next time I should not quilt it on the same weekend I decided to "trim" the hedge in the backyard. My shoulders and arms are a bit sore.
Goals for June:
1. Baste and quilt the Fruitcake Strings
2. Beejeebers block for Susan
Perhaps I'll keep it to 2 goals this month since I've not quilted with minky fabric before and I am not sure how long that will take me to get the hang of it. Hope you are having a great day. Happy June!
It looks like a beauty :)
ReplyDeleteIt is just stunning!!! I am so glad you would want to do it again. It really is a fun block :)
ReplyDelete