Saturday, July 6, 2013

Flying X finished

From Barbara Brackman's encyclopedia, I took the Flying X design and made a baby quilt for a family friend.

Cabot Flying X

My helpers were not so helpful that day.  After two quick hold the quilt shots, they promptly switched to kicking the ball around the yard and running over the quilt as many times as possible to annoy their mother.







 The backing is a teal leaf print from my mother's stash.

Pattern:  Flying X (based on the design but I chose to make more hourglass blocks and didn't make it as scrappy as it would be if I truly repeated only the blocks.)
Fabric:  An assortment of red, blue, yellow and teals with Kona White
Binding: Lizzy House Jewels and one small strip of Constellations
Dimensions:  48 x 40
Quilted by me with diagonal lines on both sides of the seam lines.






2 comments:

  1. Great use of white space on your quilt. I'm so impressed with your blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love that book...so much inspiration. Your quilt is a real color beauty :)

    ReplyDelete