This weekend I managed to quilt the Sunbeams quilt this weekend and attach the binding. It's only been sitting in my house basted since mid-March. I've had quite a bit of quilt guilt for letting it just sit there and not just finishing it off. Now I just need to find thread to match the binding and hand stitch it down.
We also have a few co-workers that are having new babies or grandbabies. The first one is having a new granddaughter. Way back in 2011, the first granddaughter came along and we used Little Apples to make the Charm Squares baby quilt. Because I was not the one who quilted it and bound it, I do not have a picture. I do have a picture of the Sherbet Pips version we made for another co-worker at the same time. 2.5 years later and there will be another Sherbet Pips version of Charm Squares. Well, actually four versions of Sherbet Pips this time.
The first one will be gifted to our co-worker. The other three will go to Seattle Children's Hospital through Katie's Comforters Guild. My Riley Blake Challenge quilt will be going there as well. Today I managed to get one quilt top finished and basted, and 10 more rows stitched together but not pressed. So this weekend removed one of the two basted quilts from my guilt list. Never mind that I added one basted quilt to the list right after removing the first one, but it is a wee tiny little thing. I'll probably try to piece together the other three Sherbet Pips quilts this week because it seems manageable to do so during the work week. By the end of the week, I hope to have used up all the Sherbet Pips I could find. I'm planning on using stash fabrics for the backings and piecing batting scraps of unusual sizes to try to not purchase anything new to complete these. Quilts go to a great cause, and I use up my fabric collection to support the cause. Yay!
It's so inspiring to see what you are working on. Please let me know if you'd like to share any of your photos on Katie's Comforters Guild's blog or facebook page!
ReplyDelete