Monday, July 25, 2011

Six pointed star

6 pointed star
She picked quite a few Mingle dots and she thinks indigo is getting left out too many times in the rainbow color scheme.  Oh the fabric selections of a rainbow obsessed 4 year old.  To piece this one, I chose to piece each color into equilateral triangles, then piece those into half hexagons in hopes of lining up the center points better.  Unfortunately the red and green lost some of the center points.  Maybe next time I need to piece half hexagons on a diagonal rather than horizontal since I had difficulty with the middle points.  And I was 1/4" off so I added a strip on one side.  I should have made it up in the sashing later or measured the other blocks to see if they are finishing at 12.5 like they should.

the 7

Here are the first seven of the Summer Sampler .  I think I want to remake the red and blue star.  Too much red in the center.  And I ordered a little bit more fabric in a rainbow bundle.  Now I need to wait until Wednesday when USPS says it will show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment