The Minnesota block. I chose not to cut the big 6.25 hourglass to be squares into QST. Instead I put the two squares together, stitched a .25" away from the center line, cut, pressed, slapped them back together and stitched .25" away from that center line. Probably doesn't make sense but it seemed easier since I really don't enjoy feeding little triangle edges through my machine. I do really like the upper right green "eyes" and I wish I would have fussy cut a star for the center of the square. Live and learn. I should start thinking about those types of things more.
Paper piecing is easier for me when I have a lot of extra fabric. I still need to work on lining up the triangle edges so they completely cover everything when they get flipped and pressed. I'm usually only off by about a .25 inch. Irritating. The top purple is the example if you look closely.
For the weekend, I think I might make the Morning Star block and an actual Key West Star since the same paper piecing template can be used. We'll see how life cooperates.
No comments:
Post a Comment