www.quilterscache.com/K/KeyWestStarBlock.html
I made it with templates from www.quilterscache.com/M/MorningStarsBlock.html. It can be made with the templates from the Evening Star from the Summer Sampler Series. I consumed too much ice cream while making this block because I tried to be stingy with my fabric pieces and then sewed the pieces together without lining it up properly. Seam ripping paper piecing is a royal pain. The points don't quite line up and there is a bubble in the light blue on one of them. Ice cream helped me to feel better about it.
I made it with templates from www.quilterscache.com/M/MorningStarsBlock.html. It can be made with the templates from the Evening Star from the Summer Sampler Series. I consumed too much ice cream while making this block because I tried to be stingy with my fabric pieces and then sewed the pieces together without lining it up properly. Seam ripping paper piecing is a royal pain. The points don't quite line up and there is a bubble in the light blue on one of them. Ice cream helped me to feel better about it.
I'm much more comfortable paper piecing right triangles for squares like this one. Again, I was a little stingy with the red triangles and had to redo one or two. The seam ripper date made me unable to complete the Evening Star from the Summer Sampler series today. My next couple extra blocks will probably not involve paper piecing. Let me do a few HST blocks and I'll feel a bit better. And a little bit of fabric came today from an order placed a few weeks ago. More Metro Living Circles in turquoise, navy, gray and yellow.
No comments:
Post a Comment