Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rolling Star and Breaking Out

Breaking Out
I made Breaking Out using the instructions on Sewn by Leila.  And, although all the rainbow colors are represented, it doesn't scream rainbow.
Rolling Star
Rolling Star, on the other hand, screams rainbow.  She did let me make the outer ring purple.  The blue from the binding would have been my next choice but I'm not sure I have enough.  I probably made the fabric pieces bigger than they need to be for paper piecing, but they all worked and I had plenty of room for seam allowances.   The purple along the outside was 5.25 x 2 (but could be thinner).  The inner white (step 8) was 5.5 x 3".  The outer white was 6.75 x 4".  The white between the colors were both 4 x 5".  The color for step 3 was cut at 5.5 x 2.25" and the color for step 4 was 3 x 4.5".   I could have cut less fabric but it was definitely a comfortable amount.  
Summer Sampler plus more
And here are 26 of the 28 blocks.  The Blazing Arrows all blue and purple one really stands out.  I'll have to see if she wants to keep it, or if I need to make something else.  I'm also debating whether I want to take the square on point from 5 spot and Minnesota to put it in the sashing with the same blue as the binding.  That might be a little excessive.
Patrick Lose Mixmasters Monochromatix Pansy
And my new violet for the Color Wheel Charm Swap.  I used it on the Rolling Star block.  Now what will I do with the yard+ of Heirloom?

No comments:

Post a Comment