Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Evening Star
It really is nearly 12.5 inches but the center is definitely wonky. I should have waited until the morning to piece the triangles together rather than doing it after being up for 16 hours already. I'll make it up in the quilting.... The rainbow was going to be clockwise, but I didn't pay attention on the first seam so I just switched the orientation. And I didn't realize that I "fussy cut" the girl with the umbrella on the pink until it was done. What a nice accident. The templates are printed for today's block but not started at all. I ordered fabric for the backing and the binding today but am not sure if enough of the backing is in stock for my first choice. She loves Mingle Dots so I got Urban Blooms in Aqua. I think I'll bind it with Summersault Pinwheels in Marine. It has a little bit of rainbow and a whole lot of blue for her.
Labels:
Summer Sampler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment