I need to insert the title of this block. Overall we needed orange and green to balance out the colors a bit. I was going to do a friendship star but instead added the extra HST.
Blazing arrows from Quilter's Cache. I needed more blue and purple together. Well, really purple is my favorite color and blue is hers. So it is the mom and daughter block. And since I have extra flying geese and an hourglass, I think I might make a similar one with 4 squares on point.
The total count I currently have is 21. 7 more to go. Apparently I did not take a picture of the Virginia Star (take 2) in the bottom row or the simple flying geese pinwheel in the third row.
It has been a crazy, stressful and life changing week. I also sewed three pillowcases for my niece but sent them off before I found the camera. Sharks and purple. I took the idea from Julie at Jaybird Quilts for when she made pillowcases for her nephew. It sounds like they were well received. She's using them now that she's home too. And it made me feel like I was actually doing something even though I was 60 miles away.
My fabric did arrive for the Color Wheel Charm Swap but I have not cut it yet. That's the scary part for me. I did order extra so I have a bit of wiggle room. I'm a little surprised at the scale of the design for Heirloom. I thought it was on a smaller scale. Not a big deal, just not what I expected. Hopefully I'll be able to cut that in the next few days before I go back to work in 2 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment