Friday, December 30, 2011

Mini Swoon

 When quilts made with the Swoon pattern started popping up on blogs, I decided to use some of the Frolic fabric left over from the pinwheel quilt to make a block for the backing.  During the piecing of the backing, I determined that sewing additional 100+ inch seams just to put the block in wasn't my cup of tea so I left it out.   I added 6 inch borders for about a 36 inch square quilt.
 And I tried a new style of quilting since it was such a small quilt.  An S shape is in the borders and a swirly clover thing is on the block.  I think the clover idea was from one of the Quiltmaker 100 blocks issues.  After getting my machine back from servicing, I discovered that I will need to pay close attention to tension settings while FMQ for awhile since I had eyelash stitches on the initial curves.
 The back was some left over pinwheels that did not make it in the sashing of the king size quilt.  I now wish I had paid more attention and centered them.
I think this quilt will be donated to Project Linus but I haven't figured that out yet.  With the tension issues (and some bobbin issues), I've started investigating how much a new machine would cost.  It isn't going to happen right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment