It took 3 people two hours to pin baste a king size quilt last night. Currently 4 squares quilted and 45 more to go. Quilting a king size quilt on my machine seems slightly easier than I envisioned, but I think my shoulder muscles are going to be much stronger after spending the hours maneuvering it. I am quilting 4 imperfect flying geese pinwheels in each block and stippling the sashing. Knowing that it will never be perfect, makes the process a lot easier. I think I am just fine with it knowing that I will have completed the whole darn thing by myself (with help from my mom with pressing, basting and trimming threads). If all goes well, I hope to be done with the quilting by January 3rd. Somebody needs to resume afternoon naps on a reliable basis though for this to be possible. Binding may wait until April.
If you look carefully, you can see one of the two winter skirts that I made with Flurry. I'm really not good at remembering to take pictures. This one goes to my niece.
Melissa at Happy Quilting posted asking for people to respond if they might be interested in being in a bee. It took a few days but I responded. I need to be less of a lurker and more of a participant. It may be full. I might have waited too long, but at least I attempted, finally. Now I should attempt to comment on other's blogs more often than I do. And, start a list of all the quilty, crafty things I want to try to accomplish in 2012.
I asked my sister to trade me a hat for a baby quilt. Feeling selfish, she decided that she wanted the quilt. Either a shoulder quilt or one for her bed...After many questions and a few days, she either wants pillow shams or a bed runner. So now, since her idea was sunset colors (aka oranges) and I don't have many of those, I had to order some fabric...
No comments:
Post a Comment