Sunday, December 11, 2011
Quilt for a Smile complete and sent
Here is the finished quilt for Project Linus. The outside white border ended up being really wavy thanks to some lovely bias edges so the purple border was added. The wave isn't quite as noticeable now as it was before but I can still see it. The purple does help to minimize the yellow solid which was a goal.
Although I am not wonderful at machine binding, it sure does make the binding process manageable and quick. I think this has been the best job so far. It is quilted with loops all over.
The backing was picked up at Fat Quarter Shop during the Black Friday sale. 5.5 yards for half price and it maintains that nearly all of the fabric was from Art Gallery even if it meant buying some of the fabric myself. I'm glad I had the opportunity to participate as it makes me feel like I might help someone in a similar position as my niece. The quilt finished at 54x70". Next time I will figure out something better to deal with the bias edges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment