Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Besides quilting, I've been sewing

lots of clothes for 2 six year olds.  

 There are pintucks on the front which intimidated me for a long time.  They weren't as bad as I thought they would be.  I need to find different buttons for the front since they blend in so well that they aren't noticeable.  The fabric is a Timeless Treasures print bought last summer.

Oliver and S Badminton Skorts.
 Two of the skorts have the scalloped hem and two do not.  I like the detail but since my daughter is living in these this summer, I didn't want her to wear exactly the same design every day of the week.  Starting from the top left and going clockwise, Hex Bee in Yellow from Briar Rose, Goodies from Alexander Henry, Felicity (perhaps?), and Boho.  I made one more skort but that is 60 miles away with the other 6 year old.  There is a wide variety in the feel of different quilting cottons.  The Alexander Henry print seems a lot more sturdy than Briar Rose.  We'll see how well it stands up to quality testing over the course of the next year or so.

Class Picnic Blouse from Oliver and S.
This was coveted by my own 6 year old which led to the skort above in the same print.  Goodies by Alexander Henry.

Now that the Family Reunion dress is done and the two skorts, I need to gather my guts and try to sew with knits.  No excuses.  No projects that have to be done right now to give my reasons to procrastinate sewing with knits.  And one more week before work starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment