Friday, August 30, 2013

Lunch bags and Salt Water

Sewing has taken a back seat to yard work this week.  But in anticipation of going back to work and the school year starting, new lunch bags were in order.

Using Ayumi's tutorial, I made 5 lunch bags.  My mom took hers to her house before I took pictures.  Someone in this house might have watched The Incredibles this summer and has a bit of a super hero fascination.  The saga of Lightning Girl and Thunder Boy has been a common story this summer.  


Then I needed to make some sandwich and snack bags to go inside the lunch bags.  I have more of these cut out but haven't put them together yet.  I tried finding all the random cuts that were mixed in with my stash and use them for snack bags.  

And, for a green loving resident of this house, I cut into my Salt Water FQ and am making him a lap quilt using the Road to Tennessee block.  My Salt Water squares are 4.5" and the green squares are 2.5".  I like that proportion I think.  I did sew 1/2 inch away from the diagonal and am saving all the HST from that for some unknown project.  This one will probably be backed in minky so there is a minky quilt for each child and fighting over the Fruitcake one can stop.  
I'm not looking forward to drawing the double lines on each of the 400+ squares left.  But, I might be more excited about that than pressing and trimming the extra HST.  

No comments:

Post a Comment